Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MY EXPERIMENT WITH PLEATS FOR JUST SOME LINES POST

I’m back again today with my JUST SOME LINES BLOG post.  As you know, I have been practicing using my Copics quite a bit lately and trying to learn how to do some new stuff.   I have been working a lot with coloring hair - experimenting with different color combos and also getting it to look like strands rather than helmet head.  There are a wealth of amazing tutorials on You Tube for Copic coloring techniques.

I also decided that I want to learn how to do pleats on a dress that doesn't have pleats and found a wonderful video by Colleen Schaan that provides very clear instruction on how to accomplish this.  I have used this technique to color Emo Amber Prays from JUST SOME LINES SHOP.  I would love to know what you think.  Here is the image

And here she is colored with pleats added to her dress.

I have used markers BG 11, 13, 15 and 49 for her dress and pleats.  Papers are Bazzill CS, Basic Grey and Creative Imaginations DP.  Sentiment is from Verve and cut with Nellie's die, Doodlebug twine added.  Ribbon is from my stash, buttons from Bag O' Buttons, circle cut with Nellie's die and image and background cut with Nesties.  Hope you like it!

 

Additional Challenges:

18 comments:

Anne said...

oh Audrey you did fab sweetie. The pleats look great.
A lovely card as always
Anne x

Sandra H said...

Hi Audrey, Another stunning image and the pleats are so cute as is the image and beautifully coloured too!:)x

Is said...

Hey Audrey, I've never used Copics but it seems to me you did a great job with those pleats, and the hair WOW!!
Congrats!
Greetings from Spain

Unknown said...

Your pleats are simply amazing

Anonymous said...

Hi Audrey,
I think your pleats look very realistic and I love the way you have done her hair too! Lovely colors as well that you have chosen.
Love Pearl x

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love the pleats.

cebelica said...

Very pretty card. You did a great job coloring this image too. Hugs! xx

Candy said...

Beautiful card Audrey! Great job on those pleats.
Candy

Jo said...

Wow, those pleats in her dress look FAB!
hugs Jo x

Jennifer said...

This is such a great card! I just love her pleated dress! Fantastic colouring!

Kim said...

BeAutiful, your pleats are awesome. I was already following you, now I am a guest DT member for whoopsi daisy, so I guess we will get to know each other lol.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so cute! Love the layers and your amazing coloring!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

wowzers.... this is just fab - you have done a wonderful job on the pleats xx

Michelle J M said...

Such a pretty image which you have coloured to perfection Aud! Michelle x

Shazza said...

that is amazing, I really need to get some rpactice with the pleats x

Jenée said...

Good job. I struggle with pleats and folds. I need to practice more, myself. Way to go taking the time to grow with your art! I wish I had your determination (smile).

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Audrey, I received my goodie box today, thank you so much! I just emailed you! :)
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Carly said...

experiment? looks like you have been colouring pleats for years!